Sign up now for our Fall 2018 After School Programs!
EXPLORE Youth Development programming serves youth in grades K-12 who reside in the Northeast neighborhood. Programming collectively focuses on life skills including cultural tolerance, cooperation, and conflict resolution skills. Students participate in hands-on collaborative projects utilizing the arts as a tool for learning (visual, digital and performing), peer support groups, community projects and recreational activities. Click HERE to register!
The following programs are offered through EXPLORE:
CULTURAL JOURNEYS is an arts-based and project based after school program designed to develop each student’s creativity through art making and exploration. Students learn new art skills and materials from drawing, printmaking, comic books and more to create artwork that reflects on their personal experience and community. Register today and join us for an exciting after school program this Fall!
CULTURAL JOURNEYS Weekly Schedule
- Wednesdays / Kindergarten – 1st / 3:15pm – 5:30pm
- Thursdays / 2nd – 3rd Grades / 3:15pm – 5:30pm
- Fridays / 4th – 5th Grades / 3:15pm – 5:30pm
- James Elementary students are picked up at school by an MRC staff member and walked over to our offices. After school snack is served between 3:15 – 3:30pm followed by Homework Help till 4:00pm
Grades: 6th – 12th
Days: Mondays & Tuesdays
Times: 3:15pm – 5:30pm
FREE / NO CHARGE!
Our EXPEDITIONS program uses the visual and graphic arts as a catalyst in creative youth development and voice. Through individual and collaborative projects youth gain important skills as young artists while responding to and transforming community through drawing, fiber arts, writing and other creative forms of expression. Join us this Fall at Mattie Rhodes Center and register today!
Soccer for Success
FREE / NO CHARGE!
Ages: 5yrs – 14yrs
Soccer For Success is a FREE program open to ages 5yrs – 14yrs at any of our 3 locations. All players receive a Player’s Kit that includes a t-shirt & shin guards with your completed registration!
- James Elementary (5810 Scarritt Ave) / Mon, Tue, Fri / 6:00pm-7:30pm
- Police Athletic League (1801 White Ave) / Mon, Wed, Thu / 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Budd Park (St. John & Brighton Ave.) / Thursdays / 4:00pm-5:30pm