Mattie Rhodes Center is a nonprofit agency celebrating it’s 127th year of serving the Greater Kansas City community. We are committed to building a stronger city by working toward the vision of living in a vibrant community where all individuals and families are healthy, safe and have the resources to thrive.
Mattie Rhodes Center provides a holistic approach to individual and family well being through social services, behavioral health counseling and the arts.
Our staff provides culturally competent programming in the following four areas:
- Family Services & Support (behavioral health, family violence, in-school services, substance abuse)
- Youth Development (youth development, supportive living)
- Community Support (health and wellness, economic development)
- Cultural Arts (arts education, exhibits and collections)
- Emergency Assistance (food and utilities assistance)
Mattie Rhodes is the only fully bilingual/bicultural, nationally accredited, and state-certified behavioral health care provider in the Greater Kansas City region.
The Mattie Rhodes Center team believes in three core values:
We respect and support individual values, experiences and differences and seek to create an new environment that is naturally inclusive, where all feel emotionally and physically safe.
We recognize the unique potential that exists in all individuals and communities. We cultivate growth through engagement, programs, services, and opportunities.
Walking along side each other, we promote positive change by amplifying the voices of all to inspire hope for the future.