Who Does Mattie Rhodes Center Serve?
Mattie Rhodes Center serves children, individuals, couples and families. Many of those we serve are recent immigrants from Latin America who speak only Spanish. Every year, our Family Services team serves more than 1,000 individuals who live in Jackson County, Missouri and Wyandotte and Johnson Counties, Kansas.
What type of family support services does Mattie Rhodes Center provide?
- Mental Health Counseling
- Domestic Violence Intervention
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Service Coordination
- Education and Support Groups
- Youth Development
Mattie Rhodes Center is committed to offering a culturally competent environment for participants through programs such as Adelante Kansas City. Mattie Rhodes Center partners with Children’s Mercy Hospital to engage in this innovative culture and language coaching program for mental and behavioral health care providers.
More information on this program can be found HERE.
How to get help
- In order to be seen by one of our staff members, you will need to call 816-241-3780 (Northeast) for an appointment.
- The receptionist will ask you several questions about your personal history, your health, your family, and the type of help you need.
- This information will be used to decide who will be the best therapist or service coordinator for you to see.
- After a decision is made, the therapist or service coordinator will call you back to set up an appointment.
- Most people are seen for their first visit within a month.
- If you have an emergency situation, a therapist can usually be available on short notice. If not, you may be referred to another agency or crisis center.
- If your needs can not be met by Mattie Rhodes Center, you will be referred to another agency who can help you.
If you have a student you would like to refer to our team, please click here:
Fees & Eligibility
Fees for services are based on a sliding scale depending on income. Nobody is refused service based on inability to pay.